Up to 10 people are dead after a fire broke out at a hospital, according to reports.
The blaze took hold on a coronavirus wards at the medical centre in Romania. in Piamtra Neamt.
Ten people have died and seven people, including a doctor, are in critical conditions, reports local news outlet Stiri din Bucovina.
In a bid to help patients a doctor and nurse, who were in full PPE, were reportedly burned.
The doctor on duty when the fire broke out is said to be being treated for burns to 80% of his body.
He was reportedly trying to evacuate other patients to safety when the flames took hold.
People with burns injuries are being taken by ambulance to be cared for at a burns unit at another hospital in Iasi.
An investigation will be done in how the fire broke out as it is not yet clear what started it.
Reports said it began on one ward on the second floor of the building in a unit where coronavirus patients were being treated, then began spreading to others.
Prosecutors were on standby to take over the investigation, reports said.
Last week an inquest heard how four children were killed in a house fire started by a discarded cigarette after the parents smoked in bed.
Siblings Riley Holt, aged eight, six-year-old Keegan Unitt, Tilly Rose Unitt, aged four, and three-year-old Olly Unitt all passed away after the blaze in Stafford, Staffordshire, on February 5 last year.
South Staffordshire coroner Andrew Haigh described it as a tragedy, saying: “My hope is the children died quite peacefully in their beds.”
He recorded a narrative conclusion, saying it was due to fumes from the fire caused by unextinguished cigarettes.