Asda has issued an urgent product recall for a children’s dressing gown amid fears it does not meet flammability requirements.
The supermarket giant released the warning via its Twitter account, revealing the item has been sold online and in-store.
Bosses have apologised for anyone affected by the recall, adding that refunds will be issued.
A spokesperson said: “We have found that the cotton jersey hood lining used in these styles doesn’t meet the stringent flammability requirement as set out by George and the UK Nightwear (Safety) Regulations.
“If you have purchased any of the gowns shown above you should stop using it immediately and bring it back to your nearest store where you will be given a full refund, or contact us on the below number.
“You do not need your receipt.
“We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused but as safety is our top priority we hope you will understand the reasons for this action.
“If you would like any further information please contact: Asda Customer Relations – 0800 952 0101.”
If you have one of the affected products you should return it to store immediately for a full refund.
The full list of affected products is below:
- Pink Cloud Gown – Product code: 5750 0973 102.
- Pink Heart Gown- Product Code: 5750 1736 510.
- Grey Dinosaur Gown – Product Code: 5750 0972 203.
- White Spot Gown – Product Code: 5750 1919 703.
- Pink Spot Gown – Product Codes: 5750 1442 102, 5750 1718 102.
- Navy Heart Gown – Product Code: 5750 1921 002.
- Black / White Spot Gown – Product Code: 5750 1443 210, 5750 1719 210.
- Purple Heart Gown – Product Code: 5750 1922 010.
- Blue Spot Gown – Product Code: 5750 1444 001.
- Pink Star Gown – Product Code: 5750 1924 102.
- Lilac Spot Gown – Product Code: 5750 1445 003.