Australian surfer killed in shark attack

MELBOURNE – A three-meter (10-foot) shark attacked and killed a 60-year-old Australian man on Sunday while surfing the North of New South Wales (NSW), police said.

Several board riders came to the rescue of the man from Queensland and fought the shark before pulling him to shore at Salt Beach, near Kingscliff, about 500 miles north of Sydney.

“He received first aid for serious injuries to his left leg, but died on the spot,” police said in a statement.

While shark-related deaths are rare in Australia, it has recorded a number of unprovoked shark encounters with humans.

Australia’s beaches with their pumping ocean trips attract surfers from all over the world.

Based on data from the Taronga Conservation Society, a government agency responsible for several zoos, Sunday’s death this year would be the third in Australia.

There were no fatalities last year.

About the Author: TEAM BEPINKU.COM

We share trending news and latest information on Business, Technology, Entertainment, Politics, Sports, Automobiles, Education, Jobs, Health, Lifestyle, Travel and more. That's our work. We are a team led by Mahammad Sakil Ansari.
Menu