Babysitter decapitated boy, 6, and left body in kitchen as mum gave birth

Police say a drugged babysitter beheaded a six-year-old boy when his mother gave birth.

Sergey Podgornov, 47, was left to look after the child by the mother’s partner in the city of Engels, Russia.

Mikhail Grushin, 33, a friend of Podgornov’s, later returned home to see his stepson’s headless body in the kitchen.

Podgornov confessed to the murder while holding a kitchen knife when detectives arrived on the scene.

He said, “I went out and sat on the porch and lit a cigarette.

“Then I came back, had another glass of alcohol and finally realized what I had done. I went to wait for the police. ‘

Podgornov, who is now in detention, “did not remember” that he had decapitated the child, a police source said.

He is said to be under the influence of designer drugs and alcohol.

If convicted, he will face 15 years in prison.

It was then that Elena, the boy’s 36-year-old mother, gave birth to her sixth child in a maternity hospital.

Babysitter decapitated boy, 6, and left body in kitchen as mum gave birth

The deceased boy’s older sister, Arina Kuznetsova, 15, said the victim was their mother’s fifth child.

Tatyana Zagorodnyaya, the children’s rights ombudsman of the Saratov region, said: “The mother stays in a maternity hospital.”

Officials had started talking to her about funeral arrangements, but were not allowed to enter her neighborhood due to restrictions due to the coronavirus.

Earlier this month, a cemetery worker released from prison for murder was arrested for raping and strangling an 11-year-old girl.

Artem Osipov, 40, confessed to sexually assaulting and murdering Polina Skovorodchenko and burying her body in a shallow grave in a forest near the Russian city of Asbest.

The girl’s mother, Alyona, 34, called the police after the schoolgirl failed to return home early in the evening.

Family members say she delivered a local free newspaper to the snow-covered streets when she went missing, 360TV reported.

Her body was found three days later when police arrested Osipov after camera footage indicated he was the suspect.