A massive pedophile ring has been destroyed in Australia following a police sting near where three-year-old William Tyrell disappeared in 2014.
Federal police dived yesterday at the town of Kendall in New South Wales (NSW), where a network of alleged pedophiles has been accused of abusing and exploiting children and sharing their nasty crimes.
Officers said nine men were charged, and two of the arrests took place in Kendall itself.
The men lived in the city when three-year-old William disappeared while wearing a Spiderman outfit – dubbed the ‘Australian Madelene McCann’ due to the nature of his disappearance.
Despite extensive research, William has not been found since he last played with his sister in his foster mother’s house.
But the raids are not believed to be related to the ongoing Strike Force investigation into little William’s disappearance.
However, it has been repeated throughout Australia, mainly because the development is due to police in Europe identifying a German man as the prime suspect in Madeleine McCann’s disappearance.
The Australian Federal Police (AFP) told local media that an operation had been conducted with the NSW police.
A spokesman for both forces said, “The investigation is ongoing and further details will be provided in due time.”
They also emphasized that there was no immediate threat to public security.
AFP Deputy Commissioner of the Australian Center to Combat Child Exploitation Lesa Gale said at least 14 children had been saved from further damage.
It is believed to be a direct result of the police investigation.
Ms Gale said, “We suspect that it is the largest domestic child exploitation network discovered recently. Operation Arkstone shocked some of our most experienced officers.
“My message today to those offenders who look at this press:” We’re coming. We come for you ‘. “
She added that the children were between four and seven years old.
The two men arrested in Kendall were 26 years old – charged with two counts of sexual intercourse with a child under 10 years old, two counts of producing child abuse material and two counts of possession / control of child abuse material involving transport .
And the second, a 21-year-old male, was charged with six counts of sexual intercourse with a child under 10 years old and with child abuse material.
Both men have been denied bail.
They will appear on September 10 in Port Macquarie Local Court.
Another seven men from NSW, Queensland and Western Australia were previously charged as part of the investigation.