Get your daily, bite-sized review of Cryptoasset and Blockchain-related news – investigate the stories flying under the radar of today’s crypto news.
- Binance Bloomberg expects a profit of USD 800 million to USD 1 billion this year compared to USD 570 million in the previous year, reported Changpeng “CZ” Zhao, CEO of the major crypto exchange. He was named as one of the Bloomberg 50 – a perform of 50 people “in business, entertainment, finance, politics and science and technology whose achievements deserve recognition.” The head of the crypto exchange was named along with powerful personalities from politics, business and culture, including the elected American President Joe Biden, the Oscar-winning director Bong Joon-ho. Morgan StanleyJames Gorman, CEO, and Timbaland, record producer.
- Coinbase has joined the payment company square as a founding member of Cryptocurrency Open Patent Alliance (COPA). COPA also announced the appointment of Square Crypto Lead Steve Lee and Board of Directors paradigm Research partner Dan Robinson, said the press release. In September, Square announced the launch of the alliance and invited other members of the crypto community to join in and address concerns that “patenting” basic cryptocurrency technologies by a few could stifle innovation and prevent mass adoption. Since the announcement, 18 companies have joined COPA and taken on the promise.
- The citizens of Shanghai were shown how to use notarial services with blockchain. reported China’s Legal Daily. The Xuhui Notary OfficeIn the affluent Xuhui district of Shanghai an event was held for the “Open House” with representatives of National People’s Congress and members of policymakers Political Consultative Conference of the Chinese People Meet ordinary members of the public and media representatives to experience blockchain notarization. Soon, citizens will be able to use a platform – either in the office via dedicated terminals or online via apps – to carry out a range of notary-related processes without the need for face-to-face meetings or paper-based processes.
- The Russian software giant Kaspersky Lab creates a blockchain-based voting platform for states. The new offer is called Polys.GOST and the company Per CNews.ru said it is fully compliant with Russian legislation on digital voting platforms. Armed with sophisticated cryptographic protection, Kaspersky stated that its platform will ensure the security of sensitive data, including personal data from the voting register and information related to the voting process.
- The makers of the stablecoin platform Terra announced the launch of the Mirror Protocol, which enables the minting of crypto assets that mimic the value of stocks in listed companies such as Apple or Teslawho have favourited the press release described as “the first synthetic asset protocol that tracks the price of stocks, futures, exchange-traded funds and other traditional financial assets and connects crypto to traditional markets.” Mirror synthetics are set to be used as key building blocks in smart contracts and bring the world’s assets to the blockchain, the website added.
- Swiss consulting company Finka will use blockchain infrastructure providers CoreLedger create a revenue-sharing token backed by the value of the cattle raised on the La Pradera livestock farm in Bolivia, said the press release. “The tokenization of the Finka token is unique in that it has an integrated connection to a secondary market within the CoreLedger platform where holders can convert the token into other tradable assets – literally anything from gold to oil to corn,” said Johannes Schweifer, CEO of CoreLedger.
- Global network for bank payments FAST enabled instant cross-border payments around the clock. according to To make the announcement, they activated the first live SWIFT GPI instant connection, a new service that enables consumers and companies to send payments across borders in seconds via their financial institutions at any time of the day or night. Lloyds Banking Group is the first to go live with the service and the UK is the first market to be available, SWIFT said.
Identity Management Messages
- Identity protection and start administration Civic announced the new identity verification product, adding a flexible pay-as-you-go option to make it easier for businesses to install and manage identification. Per In announcing that it will achieve this, Civic has “completely redesigned” its corporate front-end identity technology. The product offers support for identity verification in more than 195 countries and is based on patented technology. The company also invested in checking biometrics and liveliness. Identity verification for customers is available through Civic Wallet for iOS and Android and offers the ability to add information about cryptocurrency and health status.
- One of the largest streaming audio providers, Spotifyseeks a great Associate Director for Payment Strategy and Innovation. said a job posting – a role that will “play a key role in defining and implementing Spotify’s payments strategy and leading Spotify’s activities within the Libra Stablecoin Project and the expanded digital assets and cryptocurrency space”. This person will lead the audio company’s day-to-day engagement with Diem and “continue to consider new opportunities and innovations in the emerging ecosystem of distributed ledger technology, blockchains, cryptocurrencies, stablecoins, central bank digital currencies (CBDCs), and other digital assets.” Spotify is one the original Diem Association Members.
- Wrapped Filecoin (WFIL) has launched its mainnet to connect the decentralized storage network Filecoin (FIL) and Ethereum (ETH), according to the press release sent by e-mail. This will help accelerate the adoption and development of WFIL by giving storage miners and FIL owners access to liquidity for decentralized financing (DeFi) and enabling new services for Ethereum.
- Speckle has established a decentralized financial alliance (DeFi) to organize and promote discussions on important topics for DeFi on Polkadot. According to the press release, the founding members of the alliance include Chain link, Moonbeam, Plasm Network, Tidal finance, balance, Polka swap, Reef financing, and Interlay. Polkadot too announced A Thousand Validators program is due to be launched in December to provide support and incentives to those wishing to operate a Polkadot node.