Boy, 12, charged with death of girl, 11, who was thrown from car he was driving

A 12-year-old boy has been charged with over the death of an 11-year-old girl who died when she was thrown from the back of the vehicle he was driving.

The tragedy happened on September 7 last year and the boy, who was 11 at the time, was alleged driving a Mazda Brave Ute dangerously and speeding when it rolled on mudflats in Wyndham, in the Kimberley region of Western Australia.

There were five children in the car when it crashed and Abbey Forrest and another 11-year-old girl were thrown from the ute tray and Abbey died.

The young driver was charged with manslaughter over Abbey’s death on Friday and is due to face court next month.

She was named junior person of the year at the East Kimberley Aboriginal Achievement Awards in August that year and was widely loved and respected throughout the area, reports News.com.au.



Abbey’s mother Jessica Forrest laid her daughter to rest on October 7 last year – what would have been her 12th birthday.

In the lead up to the day, Ms Forrest told The Kimberley Echo: “I won’t refer to it as anything but her birthday party, I hate the “f” word and everything around it.”

Everyone who attended Abbey’s funeral wore her favourite colours – black, turquoise and white.

In her eulogy her mum told everyone about their last evening together.

‘I will never forget our last night together…we sat up eating popcorn, telling stories, talking and laughing until past midnight,’ she said.



Boy, 12, charged with death of girl, 11, who was thrown from car he was driving

Ms Forest also said that Abbey had matured emotionally and physically in the 12 months before her death, and that the last message she had given her daughter was that she loved her.

Ms Forrest said her daughter worked hard at school after moving to the area in 2015.

The talented schoolgirl, who was named junior person of the year at the East Kimberley Aboriginal Achievement Awards weeks before her death, had just been accepted into three boarding schools.

The boy will face Kununurra Children’s Court on June 5.

.

About the Author: TEAM BEPINKU.COM

We share trending news and latest information on Business, Technology, Entertainment, Politics, Sports, Automobiles, Education, Jobs, Health, Lifestyle, Travel and more. That's our work. We are a team led by Mahammad Sakil Ansari.
Menu