Chargers center Mike Pouncey cleared to play after neck surgery

Charger center Mike Pouncey, who had neck surgery last year, has been exempted by his doctors to play football next season.

“The doctors who performed my surgery were acquitted by me,” Pouncey told reporters during a Zoom interview on Wednesday morning. “Obviously it’s still a process that comes back from neck surgery, so I’m just in the withdrawal phase … but yes, I’ve been allowed to play.”

Pouncey, a four-time Pro Bowler, returns to the center of the Chargers’ line of attack, with new faces in right-wing Trai Turner and right tackle Bryan Bulaga.

Pouncey said he expects to be fully playable before the regular season begins.

“I expect we’ll be full when we need that time to get back to football,” said Pouncey. “I fully expect that.”

Pouncey was taken out of Chargers’ Week 5 game against the Denver Broncos last season after neck pain. Pouncey traveled to Pittsburgh to have neck surgery in October and missed the rest of the 2019 season.

This story is being updated.

About the Author: TEAM BEPINKU.COM

We share trending news and latest information on Business, Technology, Entertainment, Politics, Sports, Automobiles, Education, Jobs, Health, Lifestyle, Travel and more. That's our work. We are a team led by Mahammad Sakil Ansari.
Menu