Flights to Beijing have been cut as part of a new lockdown by the Chinese Government to tackle a second wave of corornavirus.
Railway services have also been reduced until at least July 9 following a new outbreak in the capital city which has been traced to a food market.
Millions of people in Beijing are living under the renewed restrictions following another reported 31 cases on Wednesday – bringing the total to 137 in the last week.
The city is on ‘level two – the second-highest alert.
People living in neighbourhoods classed as medium or high-risk are banned from leaving Beijing.
At least 27 neighbourhoods have been classed as medium risk and one, which is near the market, is high-risk.
Anyone living in a low risk neighbourhood is allowed to leave Beijing providing they test negative for Covid-19.
But there is a shortage of tests available with three dedicated stations telling the BBC none were available until next month.
Other centres in the city are experiencing long queues.
The new restrictions has also seen the suspension of primary school, middle school, and college classes while team sports have been halted and swimming pools and gyms are closed.
But roads, companies and factories are still open.
However, roads are open, and companies and factories can still work.
Beijing had gone 57 days without any locally-transmitted cases before a new outbreak which is believed to have started in Xinfandi food market in the city’s southwestern Fengtai district.
The vast retailer supplies 80% of the city’s meat and vegetables and attracts tens of thousands of visitors every day.
Local media claims said the virus was found in the market on chopping boards used for imported salmon.
Chinese state media said that 45 people out of 517 tested with throat swabs at the market were found to have Covid-19 – although none were showing symptoms.
The discovery resulted in the sacking of the general manager of the market and other local officials.
Supermarkets in the city have stopped selling the salmon.
Concern over the fish has also spread to other cities, with a major agricultural wholesale market in Chengdu, the capital of the southwestern province of Sichuan, saying it would remove salmon products from its shelves from Saturday.
Footage captured in Xinfadi shows huge queues formed in the streets as officials in hazmat suits directed crowds onto waiting buses using megaphones.
Seven hotels have been dedicated to the quarantine efforts in a bid to stop further spread of the virus.
China’s financial hub, Shanghai, demanded some travellers from Beijing be quarantined for two weeks.
Yang Zhanqiu, a deputy director at the pathogen biology department at Wuhan University, said he thought the new outbreak was with a more contagious strain of the virus, the Guardian reports.
On Tuesday, Xu Hejian, spokesman at the Beijing city government, said: “Beijing will take the most resolute, decisive, and strict measures to contain the outbreak.”
The killer virus first emerged in Wuhan late last year and has now infected more than eight million people worldwide.
China has successfully “flattened the curve” in recent months.
Following a reported 80,000 confirmed cases at the start of March, there have been around 3,200 since then.