Black people four times more likely to die from coronavirus
Euro News

Covid-19 fatalities falls by almost a third in seven days

The number of weekly coronavirus deaths in England and Wales decreased by nearly a third in a week, reaching its lowest level for seven weeks.

But the data also revealed deaths related to Covid-19 in the UK, now just under 50,000.

Official figures show that in the week ending May 22, 2,589 coronavirus deaths were recorded in England and Wales.

This is 32 percent less than the past seven days, with 3,810 deaths involving coronavirus recorded in the week ending May 15.



The US said there were 12,288 deaths recorded in England and Wales in the week ending May 22 – down 2,285 from the previous week, but still 2,348 more than the five-year average.

There were 1,289 deaths in nursing homes over the seven days, compared to the five-year average, and 24 fewer deaths in hospitals.

In total, the US said there have been 286,759 deaths in England and Wales so far – 51,466 more than the five-year average.

Of the deaths recorded on May 22, 43,837 cited Covid-19 on the death certificate – 15.3 percent of all deaths.

Detailed analysis of non-Covid-19 deaths will be published by the US on Friday.

The proportion of deaths in nursing homes with coronavirus fell below one-third in the week ending May 22.

About 32.5 percent of all nursing home deaths involved Covid-19 over the seven days, compared to 37.2 percent the week before.



The tireless work of the NHS heroes who risk their lives to help others is one of the bright lights of the coronavirus pandemic.

The dedication, selflessness and determination to overcome, shown by NHS employees since this terrible virus sprang up in the UK, is celebrated and cherished by many.

If you want to help show your gratitude, there are some simple things you can do through our Thanks A Million website www.thanksamillionnhs.co.uk

1. Log in to www.thanksamillionnhs.co.uk and follow a few simple steps to thank you by sending a heart and a support message to NHS employees in your area. It is free and takes a while. You can also find and read the wonderful love messages of others in your community in the Local Messages section and if you are an NHS worker you will also find a section with a large number money-saving deals and free offers tailor-made to help you through this difficult time.

2. You can safely and securely donate money to the NHS Charities Together Covid-19 Appeal through the Thanks A Million website – just click the donate button and follow the steps outlined or go right here. And as a thank you for your generosity, our friends at Funder will join you in the NHS Heroes Raffle, which has some great prizes. If you win, you can choose to keep our prize or donate it to an NHS employee.

The funds collected are for the benefit of the NHS Charities COVID-19 Appeal, set up by NHS Charities Together. Donations contribute to the immediate well-being of our NHS frontline heroes and provide essential long-term mental support, and 94% of all donations go to NHS Charities Together’s COVID-19 call. The remaining 6% will cover payment processing fees.

Meanwhile, the number of deaths with Covid-19 in the UK is just under 50,000, according to the latest available data.

US numbers show that 44,401 deaths involving Covid-19 occurred in England and Wales until May 22 (and were recorded until May 30).

The latest figures from the National Records of Scotland, released last week, showed that until May 24, 3,779 deaths involving Covid-19 had been recorded in Scotland.

And the latest figures from the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, which were also published last week, showed that 716 deaths involving Covid-19 were registered in Northern Ireland until May 27.

Taken together, these figures have so far recorded 48,896 deaths in the UK, where Covid-19 was reported on the death certificate, including suspected cases.

Another 819 hospital patients in England who tested positive for Covid-19 died between May 23 and 31, according to figures published Monday by NHS England – which, together with the total number of 48,896 deaths recorded, indicate the total death toll for the VK is now just over 49,700.

.

mm
Nicole Benitez
Nicole Benitez is the author of our Euro News section. As the world awakens to a new dawn idea, a lot of fake news and misconceptions are communicated to the public when there is no need! For all our clarifications and Europe related policy decisions, Nicole is who we rely on. Her eloquence when debating issues plaguing Europe will leave you starstruck!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *