Ex girlfriend stabs lover 40 times after victim fell from fifth floor balcony

A jealous ex-girlfriend has admitted stabbing her partner 40 times after she fell from a fifth-storey balcony.

Zixi Wang, 30, pleaded guilty to carrying out the horrific killing of former partner Shuyu Zhou at an apartment block in Sydney Australia, on June 2019.

Wang confronted Zhou when their two-year relationship ended and Ms Zhou began dating a mutual friend.

The 23-year-old victim was discovered after she plunged 30 metres onto a corrugated iron fence and suffered a dislocated left hip and broken lower spine in the fall.

Harrowing CCTV shown in NSW Supreme Court on Friday revealed how the victim spent several minutes writhing on the ground as she attempted to get up.

Footage shows Wang exiting the building and standing over Ms Zhou where she stabbed her partner 40 times in a frenzied attack that was captured in full by the CCTV cameras

A pathologist said that Ms Zhou had been knifed in the head, neck and upper body and had attempted to fend off her attacker.

Crown prosecutor Christopher Taylor described as “savage”, “cowardly” and “undertaken without any hesitation”.

Ms Zhou’s cries for help were heard on an emergency call made by a neighbour.

Li Wang – Ms Zhou’s mother – told the sentencing hearing that her her life was “shattered” the day her daughter died.

“I just want an answer from the murderer, how could you be so merciless? What on earth are you, a human being or a devil?” 

“Although I’m living a life as good as dead, I still want to live on,” Li Wang said in victim impact statement.

“Just hoping to see the day when the murderer gets the justice she deserves.”

The court heard Wang had suffered a major depressive episode that led to her quitting her job.

“It was exacerbated when the deceased commenced a relationship with a mutual friend,” Wang’s barrister, Anthony Bellanto QC, said.

Following the murder, a manhunt was launched to find Zixi Wang who was arrested attempting to climb over a fence at a bridge in city of Wollongong.

Wang refused to give evidence at her sentence hearing and also failed to take up her final opportunity to apologise to her victim’s family.

Wang will be sentenced on October 2.