Foothill League cancels all nonleague football games because of recent coronavirus news

Schools in the Foothill League have been told to cancel all their non-competitive football games due to the recent increase in the spread of COVID-19 in Los Angeles County, and they have been told that league games are also in danger if the county is in the purple remains. tier.

The decision was made by the William S. Hart Union High School District, which includes the six schools – Canyon, Golden Valley, Hart, Saugus, Valencia and West Ranch – that play varsity football in the Foothill League.

The district explained in a letter sent Thursday, Nov. 19, that it had reached a decision based on the rules of the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health. In order for high school sports to compete, a province must be out of the purple tier (most restrictive) and in the red tier (less restrictive) for at least four consecutive weeks before it can advance to the next league level.

LA County moved to the purple layer last week, and on Monday, Nov. 23, health officials said the COVID-19 situation in the county has gotten worse this weekend, making it unlikely to leave the purple layer any time soon.

Schools are allowed to do conditioning activities that allow for some skill work to be done in small groups.

Soccer practice and games should begin on Dec. 14 and Jan. 7-8, respectively, but those dates will remain in effect until the state releases new guidelines for high school sports. The state has not issued guidelines since August, and current guidelines do not allow competitions and limit what teams can do in practice.

The Hart Union School District decision also applies to the other sports – boys and girls cross country, boys and girls volleyball, boys and girls water polo, and girls hockey – that are supposed to start their seasons in December and January.

The district’s decision is expected to be followed by other local districts in the coming week.

A likely scenario is that the sports that kick off in December and January will get new start dates in February so they can only play competitions and have a post season.

The CIF Southern Section has suggested this is the best option if the state says sports cannot begin as planned in December and January.

According to The Modesto bee, the commissioner of the CIF Sac-Joaquin Section sent a memo last week stating that the start of high school sports will likely be delayed again due to the coronavirus pandemic.

“When we combine the lack of California state guidelines with the majority of our members falling below the purple (most restrictive) tier, it means there is a very high probability that Season 1 sports will not start on time,” Garrison said in a memo to all section schools.

About the Author: TEAM BEPINKU.COM

We share trending news and latest information on Business, Technology, Entertainment, Politics, Sports, Automobiles, Education, Jobs, Health, Lifestyle, Travel and more. That's our work. We are a team led by Mahammad Sakil Ansari.
Menu