Girl, 8, electrocuted by faulty christmas decorations on public square

A schoolgirl was killed turning on the Christmas lights when she was hit by a high voltage surge while standing with her family.

Julia Franco was photographed just before she was electrocuted as she happily enjoyed the festivities in Caldas Novas, Brazil this weekend.

The eight-year-old touched a piece of exposed metal, unaware that a faulty wire had energized the entire installation.

Her mother, Rejany Honoria de Almeida, said her daughter was happy the day she took the photos and that she still cannot accept being electrocuted a short time later.

She said, “What should have been a family outing has turned into a tragedy.”



The parents and their three children had been looking forward to the Christmas decorations in Mestre Orlando Square and arrived about 30 minutes before they were to be turned on.

The mother said she took the picture of Julia and then let the kids run around and play, and that was when she hit the living surface and was electrocuted.

She added, “Julia was so happy.

“When the kids were playing near a metal structure that would become a tunnel of light, she reached into it and he got stuck there.”



Girl, 8, electrocuted by faulty christmas decorations on public square


Girl, 8, electrocuted by faulty christmas decorations on public square

At first, spectators managed to resuscitate the girl and she was rushed to the hospital, but died shortly after.

The mother added: ‘My husband picked her up and called the ambulance. She was taken to hospital but had a massive heart attack.

“She was taken by God.”

Police revealed that city officials were responsible for setting up the Christmas decorations and cooperating with the ongoing investigation.



Girl, 8, electrocuted by faulty christmas decorations on public square


Girl, 8, electrocuted by faulty christmas decorations on public square

They said that skilled workers who had done the same job for 10 years were responsible for the entire installation.

Local heads of tourism said the lights will stay off until additional experts arrive to inspect everything.

The investigation continues.

.

About the Author: TEAM BEPINKU.COM

We share trending news and latest information on Business, Technology, Entertainment, Politics, Sports, Automobiles, Education, Jobs, Health, Lifestyle, Travel and more. That's our work. We are a team led by Mahammad Sakil Ansari.
Menu