Hospital worker tucks into burger before finding dead rat between buns

A hospital worker was horrified after finding a rat between his burger buns.

The medic made the discovery at the Wellbean Co cafe, run by the Toowoomba Hospital foundation, in Queensland, Australia.

He’d already started eating the burger, and afterwards took a photo and alerted staff, The Toowoomba Chronicle reports.

Darling Downs Health Service said in a statement: “We have taken this incident very seriously, with our highest priority being the health and safety of our community, patients, and staff.

“We have been assured that the Wellbean Co cafe operators, the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation, comply with all food and hygiene standards.

“The Toowoomba Hospital Foundation has been in contact with the supplier and has reviewed their process for washing and inspecting all products brought in to the cafe.



He’d already started eating the burger, and afterwards took a photo and alerted staff
(Image: The Toowoomba Chronicle)

“The foundation has had the Toowoomba Regional Council Food Safety Division and our Public Health Unit inspect the cafe, which has been cleared to continue operating.

“The cafe has apologised to the customer and I would like to thank the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation for their immediate and proactive response to this incident.”

Last month, disturbing CCTV was released from New York which showed a man plummeting into a sewer before being covered in rats.

The victim was unable to scream, fearing the rodents might crawl into his mouth.



The cafe is run by the Toowoomba Hospital foundation (pictured)
(Image: Google Maps)

In the footage, from Saturday, October 24, the 33-year-old man ambled towards a bus stop before he staggered and a hole appeared in the ground.

Also Check:  Golden retriever plays cutest game of hide and seek ever with 'adopted' bunnies

He then fell straight down into the abyss, with his arms briefly gripping the side before he disappeared from view completely.

The hole he was stuck in was up to 15ft deep and caused by an unstable cellar that was situated directly beneath the pavement, according to CBS NY.

Firefighters eventually managed to free the victim, who was transported on a stretcher to the hospital for treatment.

Greg White, the victim’s brother, told CBS2 that he was in the hospital and “breathing” but in deep shock after the traumatic incident.

He said: “He was casually waiting for the bus and it just fell.

“Rats crawling on him. He can’t move. He just, it was so bad.

“He didn’t wanna yell cause he was afraid there was gonna be rats going inside his mouth.”