Disclaimer: The following is a press release that was not written by Cryptonews.com.
If you’re one of those people who really hates the idea of scanning and uploading your identity verification documents online, you’ll be glad to know that there is a viable alternative.
Thanks to MyBTC.ca, you can complete the identity check and top up your account to buy Bitcoin at any of the more than 6000 Canada Post locations across Canada.
This is how it works.
- Register an account at MyBTC.ca. Go to MyBTC.ca, click the “Buy Now” button, and follow the on-screen instructions to create an account. First and foremost, you’ll need a working Canadian cell phone number that will give you a verification code. VOIP numbers are not accepted.
- After profilingYou will be redirected to the confirmation page where you can choose between internal online ID verification from MyBTC.ca or personal verification from Canada Post.
- Select Canada Post Personal Receipt. Once you do that, MyBTC.ca will send you an email with a URL to download the PDF document with a unique barcode.
- Bring your ID and barcode document to your local Canadian post office Have the clerk scan the document to load your profile and review the information on your government-issued photo ID and matching proof of residence to verify your identity.
- Visit the MyBTC.ca review page again and check the box that you used to complete the verification process.
There you have it – an easy and secure way to verify your identity offline when you buy Bitcoin through MyBTC.ca!
Aside from identity verification, Canada Post also lets you top up your account with Canadian dollars in cash or with Interac Debit and then search for Bitcoin on MyBTC.ca. The process is as follows:
- Download a PDF document with a QR code to present on your mobile device at Canada Post.
- Present your QR code to the post office clerk and tell them the amount you want to add to your account balance. Be sure to increase the brightness of your phone to make scanning easier.
- Complete the transaction using your preferred payment method, be it cash or Interac debit card.
- The funds will be deposited into your MyBTC.ca account within 5 minutes.
As you can see, using MyBTC.ca with a postal service is so easy even your grandma can do it.
According to Duane Seamans, CEO of MyBTC.ca, this innovative feature offers exchange customers a new level of functionality:
“We saw the Canada Post review as the perfect opportunity to help privacy-conscious individuals take the plunge and get verified without submitting photos online.” – Duane Seamans, CEO of MyBTC.ca
The verification of the personal ID card at Canada Post is possible due to the product Digital Proof of Identity and the exchange agreement with Canada Post. Alternative Bitcoin purchase methods at MyBTC.ca include Interac e-transfer, bank transfer, credit card, and Flexepin coupons.
Visit MyBTC.ca and buy bitcoin today!