Some smartphone users take swathes of screenshots every day – snapping images of pictures and important messages.
Now a brilliant hack has been revealed for iPhone users – and fans are ecstatic.
Currently, those with Face ID on their device have to press the side button and volume up button at the same time, while for those with older models, it involves pressing the Side button and the Home button.
But manufacturer Apple has simplified this and now people can take a screenshot simply by tapping on the back of the iPhone.
The feature is a new option in the iOS 14 update and is called Back Tap – reports Mirror Online.
It can be customised to perform a range of actions, including screenshots, opening the Control Centre, or enabling Accessibility features.
Many iPhone users have been impressed by the new feature.
One user posted on social media: “So you’re telling me all I gotta do is double tap the back of my phone to take a screenshot now? Yeah iOS 14 is on to something here.”
Another added: “Being able to double-tap on the back of the iPhone to screenshot is one of the coolest features of iOS 14.”
Here’s a step-by-step guide to set-up the feature.
How to install iPhone Back Tap
1. Make sure your iPhone has updated to iOS 14. You can do this in Settings > General > Software Update.
2. To set up Back Tap, head to Settings > Accessibility
3. Tap Touch
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and choose Back Tap
5. Tap Double Tap or Triple Tap to Pick an action
6. To set up Double Tap to take a screenshot, simply tap Screenshot
7. Now when you double tap the back of your iPhone, your smartphone will take a screenshot