A man remarkably escaped unharmed after he tried to swat a fly and his house blew up.
The man, who is in his 80s, was about to settle down for a bite to eat on Friday when he heard a buzzing.
Unable to concentrate on his food, the French man grabbed an electronic fly swat.
He took aim at the infuriating insect only for the air around him to erupt.
A gas canister in his Dordogne home was leaking, Sud-Ouest notes.
The gas vapour reacted with the electronic racket and sparked a fierce explosion.
The blast was big enough to destroy the kitchen and part of the roof of the Parcoul-Chenaud village home.
Somehow the elderly man escaped from the shocking incident with just a burn on his hand.
The victim was transported to Libourne hospital for check-ups.
The man has checked into a local campsite while his family repair the home.
Incidents of people exploding themselves or their surroundings are fairly common.
In 2017 Alexander ‘Sasha’ Chechik accidentally killed himself as he took pictures in his car with a grenade – with the pin removed.
The grenade exploded killing the 26-year-old Russian instantly.
It is believed Chechik was taking pictures with the deadly device to impress his friends.