A man wanted over 160 sex attacks on young girls including his daughter has been arrested in France.
The Italian, 52, is suspected of raping or sexually abusing minors including the children of his female partners over a 14-year-period.
Officers arrested the man in Rumersheim-le-Haut near the German border last week, according to an exclusive report by The Sun.
He was detained in the French town, near Strasbourg following a European warrant issued by Germany where he is suspected of committing the crimes, police said on Friday.
France’s BNRF brigade for hunting fugitives carried out the arrest.
He is wanted in connection with attacks on children between place between 2000 and 2014.
A BNRF spokesperson said: “He operated in his various family circles.
So far 122 inquiries have been opened against him in Germany.
He is suspected of raping his daughter for ten years while doing the same with the younger daughters of another partner, according to French news reports.
German authorities first alerted their French counterparts on October 7.
Officers believed he had crossed the France-Germany border into Alsace in a bid to settle in eastern France.
His location was passed on and he was detained nine days later.
The Italian is currently being held in Colmar, Alsace, where extradition proceedings are underway.