Michelle Keegan issues warning to dog owners after taking her dog to the vets to save her life

Michelle Keegan has issued a warning to all dog owners after saving her own dog’s life.

The ex-Coronation Street star took to Instagram to warn her followers after frantically rushing her beloved pooch, Phoebe, to the vets.

The 33-year-old acted quickly when she realised her dachshund had sneakily tucked into a flapjack that contained raisins, reports MEN.

Raisins are toxic to dogs, as well as grapes, and can cause acute kidney failure and in some cases death.



Michelle Keegan issues warning to dog owners after taking her dog to the vets to save her life

But thankfully Michelle’s quick thinking helped save Phoebe’s life as she immediately contacted her local vets as soon as she noticed what had happened, where her four-legged friend received an injection to make her vomit.

Sharing the ordeal with her fans on social media, she posted: “WARNING. Please don’t feed your dogs raisins, grapes or any foods containing these they’re TOXIC to dogs,” she told her followers.

“Luckily I knew this and when I saw an empty flapjack wrapper and my dog licking her lips I knew exactly what had happened.

“I immediately rang my vet and they told me to bring her in RIGHT AWAY so they could give her an injection to make her vomit.”

A few hours later, she posted an update with another picture of her Phoebe.

“Three hours later, she’s ok just feeling a little nauseous (and a little sorry for herself),” she said.



Michelle Keegan issues warning to dog owners after taking her dog to the vets to save her life

“Don’t feed your dogs raisins!!! The most expensive flapjack I’ve ever bought.”

The onset of symptoms of grape/raisin toxicity tend to occur between 12-24 hours after a dog has eaten one.

Symptoms in include:

  • Vomiting and/or diarrhoea, often within a few hours of ingestion. You may see pieces of grapes/raisins in your dog’s stool or vomit.
  • Increased urination (initial stages)
  • Drinking a lot (initial stages)
  • Decreased urination or not urinating (sign of the kidneys shutting down)
  • Loss of appetite
  • Lethargy, weakness, or unusual quietness
  • Dehydration (Check by gently pulling up the skin at the back of your dog’s neck. If it doesn’t go back into place right away, your dog is dehydrated.)
  • Bad breath

If your dog eats grapes or raisins, treat it as an emergency situation and take your dog to your local veterinarian or pet emergency clinic for assistance.

About the Author: TEAM BEPINKU.COM

We share trending news and latest information on Business, Technology, Entertainment, Politics, Sports, Automobiles, Education, Jobs, Health, Lifestyle, Travel and more. That's our work. We are a team led by Mahammad Sakil Ansari.
Menu