A mother was forced to throw her two young children from a third floor window to save their lives in an inferno, a dramatic video has revealed.
Neighbours in Russian city Novosibirsk caught the boys, aged three and four, by holding out a blanket.
Lyubov Pavlunina woke at 7am to find her holiday flat ablaze and screamed for help.
She was forced to dropped her boys one-by-one 30ft from an open window on an enclosed balcony into the blanket stretched out by locals.
“I woke and one of my kids was next to me,” she said.
“I took his hand and began to look for my second son.
“The three of us fought through the smoke to the balcony, and I don’t remember any further from there – I passed out.”
She came round again and pleaded for help, she said.
“I shouted for at least the children to be saved,” she said.
“The children were my only priority.
“People started helping, they spread a blanket, and shouted that I should throw the children.”
Lyubov said: “Of course, it’s scary to throw children from the third floor – but I had to.
“I don’t remember how I did it.
“I don’t understand how I had the courage to do it.”
The mother was then helped to escape, after a rope was lowered from the fourth floor.
Three other adults also escaped from the same flat, said the Russian emergencies ministry.
“The window was blown out, everything that could burn, burned down,” she said.
“It’s good that we ourselves did not suffer, we only choked on smoke.”
An investigation is underway into how the blaze started.
A report by NGS citing emergency sources said it is suspected a child had been playing with a lighter.
A second report blame a faulty microwave for the fire.