Get your daily, bite-sized review of Cryptoasset and Blockchain-related news – investigate the stories flying under the radar of today’s crypto news.
- American blockchain analysis company Chain analysis told Forbes estimates it will be able to raise $ 100 million in venture capital this week with a valuation of $ 1 billion. Led by Tiger Global Alum Lee Fixel’s newly formed venture capital firm, additiveThe Series C round is expected to be accompanied by previous investors Accel, Benchmark, and Ribbitadded the report.
- The large decentralized storage network Filecoin (FIL) announced that its global mining community has allocated one Exbibyte (EiB) of storage (or 1024 pebibytes) to the network less than 4 weeks after it was launched. One Exbibyte is the enormous capacity of the network and is the equivalent of over a billion gigabytes – enough to store 290 million 1080p films, 4,500 Wikipedias and 19 copies of the entire Internet archive, according to an email press release.
Privacy Coins Messages
- US crypto intelligence CipherTrace said it had filed its second Monero (XMR) traceability patent application, “Techniques and Probabilistic Methods for Tracing Monero,” following “Systems and Methods for Investigating Monero”. according to In the press release, these patents relate to forensic instruments used to examine XMR transaction streams to aid in financial investigations. Development of original traceability methods; Monero decoy reduction, etc.
- Decentralized financial protocol Pickle Finance was hacked on Saturday resulting in a loss of USD 19.76 million on Stablecoin DAI from a Pickle wallet. “This was a very complicated attack that involved many components of the Pickle Protocol,” said a blog post in which the team behind the project and a group of white hat hackers worked to trace the attack and then trace it back publication Further technical details on this.
- The US Office of the Currency Validator (OCC) has proposed a rule to ensure fair access to banking services from national banks, federal savings banks and branches and agencies of foreign banking organizations. The OCC said In a November 20 statement that “banks should provide access to services, capital and credit based on individual customer risk assessments rather than broad-based decisions affecting entire categories or classes of customers.” This could potentially have a positive impact on companies in the cryptocurrency industry as well.
- Per a draft statement of the Authority for the Conduct of the Financial Sector (FSCA), cryptoassets would be treated like financial products under the South African Financial Advisory and Brokerage Services Act (FAIS). The regulator stated that the declaration “would mean that any person who provides advice or brokerage services in relation to crypto assets must be approved as a financial service provider under the FAIS Act and meet the requirements of the FAIS Act”. including Cryptoasset exchanges and platforms as well as brokers and advisors. However, the draft has no impact on the status of cryptoassets in connection with other laws such as exchange control regulations, requirements of the Pension Fund Act and the Collective Investment Scheme Act, etc., nor does it attempt to regulate, legitimize or give credibility to cryptoassets. “
- Suzhou City, one of the largest blockchain technology centers in China, will host the country’s second giveaway event for digital yuan gambling as the central event People’s Bank of ChinaThe project for digital currencies is in the final test phase. In the city of Jiangsu Province, an unspecified number of stores in the city have received POS equipment upgrades to process digital yuan payments. Per Media Outlet The Paper, the latest research, also provides for recipients to be allowed to make offline peer-to-peer transmissions. This is the first new development since the first giveaway in Shenzhen last month.
- In the meantime, Chinese President Xi Jinping sent an address to his colleagues at G20, which meets this week, calling on the group to take an open-minded approach to developing Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) standards. In an address sent On a government-run website, Xi said that G20 members “should discuss the development of standards and principles for central bank digital currencies with an open and accommodating attitude, and adequately handle all kinds of risks and challenges while working together on the.” Development of the international currency urge system. “
- Most central bank laws do not currently approve the issuance of CBDC to the general public, a recent work paper until IMF said, adding that it is not obvious from a monetary law perspective that the “currency status” can be ascribed to the CBDC. “While the problem of central bank law can be solved by a fairly simple legal reform, the monetary law problem poses fundamental legal policy challenges,” it said.
- Artists have auctioned a portrait of the co-founder of Ethereum (ETH), Vitalik Buterin, for a tidy sum of ETH 260 (USD 152,000). Trevor Jones, the co-creator of the NFT (Non-Fungible Token) artwork, teamed up with Alotta Money to create a digital painting titled EthBoy, which shows the chess-loving Buterin sitting in harlequin attire against a changing backdrop. A Twitter user named MaxStealth has been confirmed as a buyer retweeted post shared by Jones – who celebrated by tweeting another portrait by Buterin, this one on good, old-fashioned canvas.
- Stablecoin issuer and USD Coin (USDC) mastermind circle has shown his political streak by publicly supporting the United States-backed movement of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela. The movement is led by Juan Guaidó and was founded against the ruling Nicolás Maduro regime. The Circle plan provides for the token to be used to send aid funds to medical workers. In a strongly worded Explanation on his Circle website, which the USDC partners with Coinbase Exchange said it would “bypass Maduro-imposed controls on the domestic financial system and put millions of dollars in funds in the hands of people fighting for the health and safety of Venezuela’s people.” Guaidó has also been referred to as the “President-Elect” of Venezuela, dating back to the 2018 general election, which Washington said was rigged.
- After the September hack, crypto exchange KuCoin said it has restored the deposit and withdrawal services of all tokens starting November 22nd. Per Due to the ongoing legal process for some tokens, some tokens will have daily withdrawal limits that will be lifted after the legal process is over. In the meantime, a zero trading fee has been introduced for related tokens and will be available until further notice until the withdrawal limit applies.
- Technical office, the former Osaka, Japan-based operator of the Weak Crypto Exchange will give up its crypto business and forego its Exchange operating license. Per M&A online. The company was one of the first companies to be granted an operating license by the supervisory authority Financial services agency. However, the company sold its stakes in the stock exchange to a competing platform operator FISCO After a devastating hack in September 2018, the Tech Bureau initially hoped to revive its crypto operations and retained its stake in its own Zaif branded crypto asset.
- The Singapore-based United Overseas Bank (UOB), a bank with a network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in the Asia-Pacific region, could move into the crypto sector. Per a Job offer The bank is now looking for a “crypto security advisor” on its website and would like the candidate to have knowledge of “industry encryption standards” and “deal with the life cycle management of crypto keys and certificates. ”