Nothing says Thanksgiving like filling yourself with turkey and watching football.
Three NFL games will be played on Thursday, starting with the Texans joining the Lions at 10:30 am. They will be followed by an NFC East battle between Washington and Dallas at 2:30 pm before ending with the Steelers-Ravens match at 6:20 pm. p.m
Here’s a rundown of what you need to know about the NFL’s Thanksgiving games:
Houston Texans (3-7) at Detroit Lions (4-6)
Time: 10:30 am MT | TV: CBS
Line: Texans -2
Thanksgiving Record: Texans (1-0), Lions (37-41-2)
Last Thanksgiving Game: Texans defeated the Lions, 34-31, in overtime on November 22, 2012. Lions lost to the Bears, 24-20, on November 28, 2019.
Texan team leaders: Pass – DeShaun Watson (2,883 yards). Hurry – David Johnson (408 meters). Received – Will Fuller (708 yards).
Lions team leaders: Passing – Matthew Stafford (2,581 yards). Hurry – Adrian Peterson (389 meters). Received – Marvin Jones (455 meters).
Washington Football Team (3-7) at Dallas Cowboys (3-7)
Time: 2.30pm MT | TV: Fox
Line: Cowboys -3
Thanksgiving Record: Washington (3-8), Cowboys (31-20-1)
Last Thanksgiving Game: Washington lost to Cowboys, 31-23, on November 22, 2018. Cowboys lost to Bills, 26-15, on November 28, 2019.
Team leaders in Washington: Pass – Dwayne Haskins (939 meters). Hurry – Antonio Gibson (500 meters). Received – Terry McLaurin (871 meters).
Team leaders Cowboys: Pass – Roof Prescott (1,856 yards). Rushing – Ezekiel Elliott (675 meters). Received – Amari Cooper (736 meters).
Baltimore Ravens (6-4) at Pittsburgh Steelers (10-0)
Time: 6:20 PM MT | TV: NBC
Line: Steelers -3
Thanksgiving Record: Ravens (2-0), Steelers (2-6)
Last Thanksgiving Game: Ravens defeated Steelers, 22-20, on November 28, 2013. Steelers defeated Colts, 28-7, on November 24, 2016.
Ravens team leaders: Pass – Lamar Jackson (1,948 meters). Rushing – Jackson (575 meters). Received – Mark Andrews (454 meters).
Steelers team leaders: Pass – Ben Roethlisberger (2534 meters). Hurry – James Conner (645 meters). Received – Chase Claypool (559 yards).
Other Thanksgiving Facts
- The Broncos haven’t played a Thanksgiving game since 2009, when they beat the Giants 26-6. Kyle Orton threw a touchdown pass to Brandon Stokley and Knowshon Moreno ran one into the end zone.
- Denver has historically struggled with Thanksgiving, compiling only a record of 4-7.
- The Broncos hold a 2-0 lead over the Cowboys on Turkey day and a record 1-2 against the Lions.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars are the only team that has never played a game on Thanksgiving.
- Four teams haven’t lost on Thanksgiving yet – Ravens, Saints, Panthers and Texans. (Technically, the Jaguars too.)
- Four teams have not yet won a victory: Browns, Bengals, Buccaneers and Jaguars.