Nice terrorist pictured: What we know about attacker ‘who beheaded woman and killed two’ – World News

The suspected terrorist in yesterday’s Nice terror attacks has been pictured after three people were killed inside the city’s Basilica.

Victims Simone Barreto Silva, 44, Vincent Loquès, 54, and a 70-year-old woman were killed inside the Notre Dame basilica in Nice.

Armed officers were seen storming the church before suspect Brahim Aoussaoui, 21, was cornered and shot in the shoulder.

He allegedly shouted “Allahu akbar” – Arabic for “God is greater” – as paramedics treated him before he was taken to hospital.

Police described the scene as “a vision of horror”, and President Emmanuel Macron said France is “under attack”.

France was put on its highest alert – terror attack emergency – amid yesterday’s stabbings.

Here’s everything were know about terror suspect Brahim Aoussaoui



Suspect Brahim Aoussaoui was taken to hospital and treated for his injuries

It’s understood Aoussaoui arrived in Europe on the Italian island Lampedusa on September via a migrant boat.

He then reportedly travelled on to Paris, arriving by October 9 with travel documents from the Italian Red Cross.

Aoussaoui then arrived in the city of Nice at around 6:30am yesterday via the railway station – where he went on to change his clothes, French prosecutor Jean-Francois Ricard told journalists yesterday.

CCTV footage then reportedly shows him arriving to the Basilica Notre Dame in Nice at 8:30am, where he stayed for nearly half an hour before launching his attack.

Aoussaoui was born in the impoverished Tunisian town of Bouhajla.

His family said he had been in contact with them since arriving in France – sending them a photo of the Notre Dame cathedral before carrying out his attack.

Also Check:  Man found cowering in barn after frail pony, 31, was tied up and raped


Brahim Aouissaoui’s mother weeps at news of her son’s alleged terror attacks
(Image: AFP via Getty Images)


Kmar, mother of Nice assailant Brahim Aouissaoui
(Image: AFP via Getty Images)

He had reportedly struggled to find regular work before leaving the country and did ‘various jobs’, a neighbour said.

Aoussaoui had not been classified as a hardliner before leaving the country on or around September 14, and was not known to security forces, reports the Mail.

His brother told the Al Arabiya TV network: “He told me he wanted to spend the night in front of the cathedral. He also sent me a photo of the building. He phoned me when he arrived in France.”

A second man was arrested in Nice last night suspected of being an accomplice of church killer Brahim Aoussaoui.

The 47-year-old is believed to have supplied the suspected terrorist with a mobile phone.

It raises the prospect that this was not a “lone wolf” attack and was more highly organised.



French President Emmanuel Macron and Nice Mayor Christian Estrosi visit the scene of the attack
(Image: REUTERS)

The second man was detained by anti-terrorist police in Nice and charged with being an accomplice to knifeman.

France was put on its highest alert – terror attack emergency – amid yesterday’s stabbings and other incidents.

A man making a Nazi salute and waving a gun at passers-by was shot dead by officers in Avignon.

Officers said he was in the Identitarian movement, which is far-right and anti-Muslim.

Two men were held in Paris and Lyon, both arrests were said to be terror-related.

And a security guard was stabbed at the French consulate in Saudi Arabia. 

After arriving in Nice, President Emmanuel Macron said: “Once again, our country has been hit by an Islamist terrorist attack.

“Once again this morning it was three of our compatriots who fell in this basilica. It is France that is under attack. We will not give in to any spirit of terror.”