One-year-old baby boy dies after 'drowning in hot tub'

A one-year-old baby boy has died after reportedly drowning in a hot tub.

Police were called to a home in Worthing, Sussex, just before 1pm on Wednesday following “concerns for the welfare of a one-year-old boy”.

Sadly, paramedics and an air ambulance crew were unable to save the boy after giving him emergency treatment at the scene.

Neighbours in Central Avenue, Worthing, told how they saw the air ambulance helicopter land shortly after 1pm today.

One man, who asked not to be named, said: “There were a lot of emergency services at the scene – ambulances, the helicopter, police cars, the lot. From what I have been told it sounds like a terrible tragedy has happened.

“I was told by another neighbour that a little boy had been found dead in a hot tub in the garden. Whether the lid was on it or how he got into there, I don’t know. You have got to feel desperately sorry for his family.”

A spokesman for Sussex Police said: “We were called to a property in Central Avenue, Worthing, at 12.57pm following concerns for the welfare of a one-year-old boy.

“The boy was taken to hospital by ambulance staff where he sadly died. Full circumstances surrounding the death are being investigated and the matter has been passed to the Coroner’s Officer.

“Next of kin have been informed and support is being provided to the family.”

A spokesman for the South East Coast Ambulance Service said: “I can confirm we attended a medical incident at a private address in Findom Valley. A call came in at just after 12.30pm today.

“We have withdrawn from the scene completely now, the air ambulance would have landed in the nearest open space nearby to assist us at that call. Due to patient confidentiality we wouldn’t comment on the details.”

Central to the police investigation was likely to be how the one-year-old got into the hot tub.

His body was taken to the mortuary at Worthing Hospital where a paediatric pathologist was expected to carry out a post mortem examination on his body to try to ascertain the exact cause of his death. He was believed to have suffered a cardiac arrest.

An inquest will be opened and adjourned to a later date by the West Sussex coroner Penelope Schofield.


About the Author: TEAM BEPINKU.COM

We share trending news and latest information on Business, Technology, Entertainment, Politics, Sports, Automobiles, Education, Jobs, Health, Lifestyle, Travel and more. That's our work. We are a team led by Mahammad Sakil Ansari.