Paedophile lured kids into sending indecent videos in exchange for cash

A “crafty” pedophile lured young girls into sending him indecent videos of himself by offering large amounts of money for modeling and the promise of a glamorous lifestyle.

Daniel Berry, 31, of Prestwich, Greater Manchester, posed online as a female casting agent and a male studio owner to exploit the youth and naivety of his 16 victims aged 12 to 15.

He asked for photos and videos of his targets before seducing them into explicit poses in exchange for thousands of pounds, Manchester Minshull Street Crown Court heard.

When Berry’s victims became wary of his increasing demands and lack of payment, he threatened to post their videos online and sue them for wasting his time if they didn’t follow the rules.

On Wednesday, he was imprisoned for ten years and told to serve two-thirds of the sentence before being eligible for parole board release.

Berry, who lived with his parents on Bannerman Avenue, was told that he carries a high risk of serious harm to the public, especially young girls, and should be given an extended three-year licensing period.

Since 2012, he had collected more than 1,000 video footage of child abuse, claiming to be “the most depraved and horribly imaginable”.

Between January 2018 and January 2019, he posed as a casting agent when connecting with his victims on Facebook.

Berry then transferred the conversation to a mobile messaging app, where he also posed as the agent’s boss, who had been photographed with a Lamborghini car, promising fame and fortune.

He told some girls that they were his “new star” and said he would take them to a modeling contest in Thailand with a top prize of £ 250,000.

Another was offered £ 2 million a year if she continued to send explicit videos.

Some of his victims were persuaded to recruit other girls in exchange for cash, the court was told.

Berry was arrested last January and investigations of various computer equipment revealed that he had cared for countless children in the UK and abroad.

He did not comment when interviewed, before admitting last month that he had done 28 counts of inciting or inciting children to sexual activity, along with 10 counts to get a child to look at a sexual act, five counts of spreading indecent images of children and one count possessing an extremely pornographic picture.

In addition, he pleaded guilty to four points of making over 5,000 indecent images of children, including 1329 classified as Category A – the most serious.

Defending, Mark Shanks said that Berry had had a normal upbringing and had various relationships with women of their age, but when he was in his early twenties he realized he had thoughts and desires that were “not normal.”



He said Berry wanted help and asked to tell his victims that he was “extremely sorry.”

Most of his family had now cast him out, he added.

Conviction, Judge Tina Landale, told the defendant: “These very serious offenses had been planned and executed with cunning. You enjoyed the feeling of power and control.

“You offered heartless and deliberately ridiculous sums of money, the pretense of a glamorous lifestyle and gifts. When that didn’t work, you manipulated, intimidated and intimidated them (the girls). “

She added that he had shown “a complete lack of understanding” of the damage he had done.

Berry must sign the sex offenders register for life and is also subject to an unlimited order to prevent sexual harm.

.

About the Author: TEAM BEPINKU.COM

We share trending news and latest information on Business, Technology, Entertainment, Politics, Sports, Automobiles, Education, Jobs, Health, Lifestyle, Travel and more. That's our work. We are a team led by Mahammad Sakil Ansari.
Menu