Get your daily bite-sized breakdown of cryptoassets and blockchain news – investigate the stories flying under the radar of today’s crypto news.
Crypto Adoption News
- PayPal CEO Dan Schulman said the use of digital currencies will go mainstream as more merchants take a “digital first” approach to payments, Bloomberg reported. “The whole world is going to be digitized first,” said the CEO, adding that he is considered his biggest competitor Ant Financial, China’s largest mobile payment company. ((Learn more: PayPal CEO: Financial System Not Working, Users Are Very Eager For Crypto)
- Almost a fifth of the PayPal users surveyed have already traded Bitcoin (BTC) with the PayPal app, according to a report published by Mizuho Securities, the investment industry of Mizuho Financial Groupas reported by a number of media sites. Of the 380 surveyed users, 17% said they had already used PayPal to trade Bitcoin, while 65% said they used the cryptocurrency to pay for goods and services.
- GoodDollar, a social impact project delivering a Digital Universal Basic Income (UBI), announced that it “has seen great demand since it launched on Sept. 8,” and has had over 40,000 people from 180 countries in just over eight weeks and started claiming and using the digital currency G $. according to According to the press release, more than 20,000 users now regularly use GoodDollar, while more than G $ 14 million has been distributed among users to date.
- The software giant Microsoft The hacker group “National State” Bismuth has started using crypto-mining malware as part of renewed cyber espionage efforts. In a blog post by the software company wrote“In campaigns from July to August 2020, the Group used Monero (XMR) coin miners in attacks targeting both the private sector and government institutions in France and Vietnam.” The American company believes that Bismuth believes that crypto-mining malware attacks offer a way to monetize the networks it has successfully compromised.
- The South Korean chat app giant cocoa‘s Floor X. Blockchain subsidiary has suffered data loss. Per Media company Bloter, which operates the Klay token and the Klaytn blockchain network, has admitted that the incident occurred on November 8th, in which data such as names, email addresses, and phone numbers of around 2,000 people were sent to a A person who appears to have used spear phishing techniques to trick a Ground X employee into giving them access to the data. The victims of the leak are said to have been business partners who participated in a Ground X-Run event.
- Of Russia Alfa bank has launched a blockchain-based solution for self-employed businesspeople. reported Forklift. The bank is one of the largest private commercial lenders in the country, and the new platform, according to Alfa-Bank, will leverage the Waves (WAVES) hybrid blockchain network for businesses. The bank said the solution will enable the self-employed to reduce their reliance on face-to-face visits to banks for processes such as business registration, payment-related matters, contractor status checks, income registration and tax issues.
- HIVE Blockchain Technologies Ltd. announced its results for the second quarter ended September 30, 2020, stating that digital currency mining revenue was $ 13 million, an 8% increase over the year-ago quarter. Mining gross margin increased from a loss of more than $ 560,000 last year to $ 9.2 million. Net earnings per share increased from a loss of $ 0.04 for the period ended September 30 to $ 0.03. said the press release.
- Animoca brandsThe Hong Kong-based mobile game publisher has announced The F1® Delta TimeThe first Apex racetrack segment “Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix 2020 1A” was auctioned for a record price of REVV 9,081,752, which is around USD 223,000 at the time of sale. The track segment is a non-fungible token (NFT) that represents a fraction of 5% on the Circuit de Monaco track within the blockchain game F1® Delta Time, the press release emailed said, adding that the The auction for F1® Delta Time’s “Bahrain Edition 2020” Apex Auto NFT is currently in progress.
- Binance has started a stakeout service for Ethereum 2.0 (ETH 2.0). Per In the announcement, users who participate in the use of ETH 2.0 receive BETH in the ratio of 1 ETH = 1 BETH. The bonuses are distributed daily in the form of BETH. BETH marks the share of a user in the ETH 2.0 pool in a ratio of 1: 1 and enables users to redeem ETH in a ratio of 1: 1 when phase 1 of ETH 2.0 goes live.
- OKEx said that the 10th round of Buy-back & Burn from OKB, OKEx’s global utility token from OK Blockchain Foundationwas completed successfully. according to With the announcement, another 10% of OKB was added to the Burn, bringing the total number of OKBs repurchased and burned from the OKB secondary market to 4 million (USD 21 million), which were transferred to a dedicated black hole address.
- Australian crypto exchange BTC markets apologized after accidentally revealing the names and emails of 270,000 customers earlier this week. reported Business Insider Australia. The company sent emails to groups of its members containing their names and email addresses, making users more vulnerable to phishing and other cyberattacks trying to gain access to their cryptoasset. The company stated that the breach did not affect the exchange and that no passwords were disclosed.
- Decentralized exchange aggregator (DEX) 1 inch said It raised USD 12 million from institutional investors, including Panther Capital, ParaFi Capital, and Nima Capital. These funds will be used to further develop a variety of 1-inch products, hire additional team members, drive the project’s expansion into new markets, and strengthen marketing activities, they added.
- Grayscale investment, a US-based major digital currency asset manager and sponsor of Grayscale Ethereum Trust, said It has declared a 9-to-1 apportionment of the common shares issued and outstanding by the trust of undivided economic share. With the share split, shareholders registered on December 14, 2020 will receive 8 additional shares in the trust for each share held.