Get your daily bite-sized overview of Cryptoasset and Blockchain-related news – investigate the stories flying under the radar of today’s crypto news.
Crypto Adoption News
- Marcus Swanepoel, founder of Crypto Exchange headquartered in the UK The moon, recently acquired by the Digital currency group, said Retail volumes in South Africa, Malaysia, Nigeria and Indonesia have tripled from last month, reaching an all-time high. “Emerging market consumers are voting on their money and are ready for a better financial system,” he tweeted without giving any numbers. According to Luno, the company “has nearly 400 employees and more than five million customers in over 40 countries worldwide”.
- The Washington auditor said It learned that the Director of National Intelligence, John Ratcliffe, wrote a letter to Jay Clayton, the outgoing chairman of the US Security and Exchange CommissionThis points to US concerns about China’s impact on digital currency as more than half of the world’s cryptocurrency mining operations are based in this country and the Chinese government is considering their own state-controlled digital currency making it difficult would compete for American businesses and innovation.
- Great crypto lender Celsius network said it contributed 25,000 ETH ($ 14.6 million) to the Ethereum (ETH) 2.0 deposit agreement. “Celsius was launched on Ethereum and scaled to Ethereum. We therefore felt it appropriate to contribute to the start of ETH 2.0 and put some of the last ETH needed in the pool to ensure that they start on time and on schedule, just like us. ” “Company CEO Alex Mashinsky was quoted in a comment sent via email.
- Crypto investment management company Wave Financial Group has decided to make it double by increasing its blockchain-powered whiskey stakes. Shared in a press release with Crytponews.comThe company, which made global headlines earlier this year by launching an offer for an alcohol-backed Kentucky Whiskey 2020 Digital Fund, said it has continued its acquisition of “after increased demand” and “a revival in” crypto prices ” “Bourbon whiskey barrels, another order should be made by the end of the year. The company added that the fund should also debut “on the INX-regulated security and crypto platform”.
- A state-supported Chinese energy supplier will set up a blockchain platform to reduce emissions. Per Shupeidian, the Hebei Province Electricity Bureauplans to create a system in Renqiu City in Hebei Province that will regulate the amount of sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) produced by local businesses. The emission has been described by activists as the most harmful greenhouse gas in the world with a potency rate of 23,500 times higher than CO2. Industries commonly use processes that produce SF6 in the manufacture of gas-based insulation for electrical equipment.
- The DeFi operator yearn.finance (YFI) has recently signed a partnership agreement Pickle Finance This could lead to increased revenue incentives for users of both protocols. In a pun appropriately decorated with pickles post OfficeThe founder of yearn.finance, Andre Cronje, explained that the two parties would “ferment” a cooperation in this step, in which the respective vaults of the two protocols would be merged. Cronje added that the move would help “reduce duplication of work, increase specialization and leverage shared expertise” – with “further integration” planned.