Shop worker, 24, electrocuted after charging iPhone falls into her bath

A woman was electrocuted while charging her iPhone and it fell into her bath.

Olesya Semenova was found by her roommate in their home in Arkhangelsk, Russia.

The distraught friend named Daria called the emergency services and said, “I screamed, shook her, but she was pale, not breathing, and showing no signs of life.

“I was very scared. When I touched her, I got an electric shock.

“There was a smartphone in the water, it was charging.”

Paramedics confirmed that 24-year-old Olesya, who worked in a clothing store, died in the bathtub and that her iPhone 8 fell into water when plugged into the wall.

Russia’s Emergency Situations Ministry issued a warning after the tragedy, the latest of a number of such fatalities in the country.

It said, “The tragedy reminds us once again that water and an electrical appliance connected to the mains are not compatible.

“The same goes for any mobile device.

“When you drown a smartphone, the worst thing is that it fails.

“But if it’s connected to the network, we’ll see what the consequences are.”

Shop worker, 24, electrocuted after charging iPhone falls into her bath

In August, a Russian schoolgirl named Anna, 15, died in Moscow after suffering an electric shock in her bath.

Last year, Liliya Novikova, an internationally recognized poker star, was electrocuted in her bathroom last year.

The 26-year-old was a wizkid in mathematics with a first-class engineering degree from a top Russian university and was home alone when she died.

.

About the Author: TEAM BEPINKU.COM

We share trending news and latest information on Business, Technology, Entertainment, Politics, Sports, Automobiles, Education, Jobs, Health, Lifestyle, Travel and more. That's our work. We are a team led by Mahammad Sakil Ansari.
Menu