Strictly judge Motsi Mabuse reveals she’s self-isolating but will be ‘watching from home’

Strictly Come Dancing judge Motsi Mabuse won’t be appearing in the studio this weekend as she has revealed she is self-isolating.

The judge won’t be under the glitterball on Saturday (November 14) and has revealed to her fans on social media that she will be ‘watching from home’.

She said on  Twitter : “Hi Guys – Earlier this week I needed to travel to Germany for an urgent reason.

“I will of course be following the UK Government guidelines and self-isolating for 14 days.

“I’ll be watching from home and by the power of technology, should be in your living rooms.

“Watch out though, I’ll be doing my own hair and make-up.”

A spokesman told MirrorOnline : “Motsi had to make an essential journey and will now be isolating for 14 days as per government guidelines.”

She will be able to appear – and judge –  virtually, like fellow judge Bruno Tonioli who is still in America.

The change of plans comes just hours after Katya Jones and Nicola Adams were forced to quit the series today, after Katya tested positive for  coronavirus.

Although Nicola tested negative, she must quarantine for 14 days after her close contact with Katya.



Katya Jones and Nicola Adams were forced to quit the series today
Katya Jones and Nicola Adams were forced to quit the series today
(Image: BBC/PA Wire)

Rylan Clark-Neal, host of It Takes Two, is also self-isolating after coming into contact with someone with the virus.

Gethin Jones is Rylan’s temporary replacement, while no one will replace Katya and Nicola.

Earlier today, Nicola said, “Hey guys! I’m absolutely devastated my Strictly journey has come to an end so soon. I had so much more to give and so many people to win this for!

Also Check:  Eating disorder charity reports spike in helpline calls during lockdown

“But I just want to say a huge thank you to Katya for being the best dance partner anyone could ask for.

“She pushed me way out of my comfort zone and it’s been an incredible experience.

“I’m gutted to be out of the competition but in these unprecedented times and as frustrating as it is, the COVID measures in place are to keep everyone safe, and I’m doing what I can to help.

“I’ll be spending the next 14 days isolating so I’d like to apologise in advance for the ridiculous amount of TikToks I’ll be posting, in my new found free time when I’m not gaming!”

  • Strictly Come Dancing continues on Saturday on BBC One