The country’s first chief of defense staff general cds bipin rawat died in a helicopter crash,

Witnesses go to meet the brother

Witnesses go to meet the brother

The eyewitness, Shivakumar, went to see his brother in Kunnur, Tamil Nadu. His brother worked in the Nilgiris tea garden. Shivakumar himself is employed as a contractor. He was present when the army plane crashed in Kunnur. He was involved in rescue operations with the locals.

The CDS is taken out wrapped in a bed sheet

The CDS is taken out wrapped in a bed sheet

Eyewitness Shiv Kumar said that work was going on at the spot. The injured were being rescued. Just then someone wanted to drink water. He was moaning for water. His whole body was burnt. Shiv Kumar and others pulled the man out of the wreckage of the helicopter wrapped in a bed sheet. The rescue squad then took him away. He could not be given even a drop of thirst.

'Didn't get any water' - Shivkumar

‘Didn’t get any water’ – Shivkumar

Eyewitnesses later found out that the one who wanted water to quench his thirst was none other than CDS Bipin Rawat. In his words, the man who has done so much for the country, he did not get a drop of water at the last moment, I can not think. I didn’t sleep all night. He saw 3 people falling down from the helicopter. He saw CDS in him.

Incidentally, an army helicopter crashed in Kunnur, Tamil Nadu on Wednesday. CDS General Bipin Rawat and his wife Madhulika Rawat were in the helicopter. He was accompanied by a few other army officers. Bipin Rawat, his wife and 13 others died in the accident. Defense Minister Rajnath Singh made a statement in the Lok Sabha on the incident. The Prime Minister also held an emergency cabinet meeting on the issue. An inquiry was ordered into the accident.

After receiving the news of the incident, people from all walks of life paid homage to them. The helicopter flew from Sulur to the Indian Air Force airbase. It was supposed to take about 20 minutes to cross the 50 km route but the helicopter crashed in mid-air.

There were 14 people in the helicopter. A total of 13 people died in the accident. CDS Bipin Rawat was on his way from the Indian Air Force base at Sulur near Coimbatore to the Wellington cantonment in Coonoor.