While the government and education unions are debating the plan for children to return to school, the UK’s leading online childcare platform has revealed that more than three-quarters (81%) of UK parents are not returning their child, as of June 1 is available in England.
An overview of more than 20,000 parents Kinderopvang.nl found that 62% of parents who answered “no” to returning children believe it is not safe to return to school or any other form of childcare until at least September.
Another 10% said they think it will not be safe until October 2020 and another 12% until January 2021.
Asked: “If your child’s school or daycare was open and available to you from June 1, would you return your child?” only 18.7 percent said yes.
Those who answered ‘no’ further said …
- I don’t think it’s safe to send my kids back until September – 62%
- I find it hard to get work done with the kids at home, but keeping them at home is the safest thing to do – 37.9%
- I don’t think it’s safe to send my kids back until June – 23.8%
- I don’t send my kids back until there is a vaccine – 16.3%
- I like having my kids at home and don’t want them to go back – 14.4%
- I don’t think it’s safe to send my kids back until January 2021 – 12%
- I don’t think it’s safe to send my kids back until October – 10.5%
- I will probably never send my kids to school again and teach them at home – 1.8%