Get your daily, bite-sized review of Cryptoasset and Blockchain-related news – investigate the stories flying under the radar of today’s crypto news.
- The Ukrainian Ministry of Education unveiled an educational course for citizens that includes modules on Bitcoin (BTC), crypto mining, blockchain technology and more. Per a Telegram mail The eight-part video lecture series by Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Digital Transformation Mykhailo Fedorov also includes tutorials on storing and spending cryptoassets. After completing the course, the participants receive a certificate.
- The Japanese pharmaceutical power plant Raw launched an internal cryptoasset that allows employees to conduct side crowdfunding projects and raise funds for projects related to career development. Per Nikkei, the company, enables its employees – regardless of their seniority in the company – to use the crowdfunding platform with tokens to promote entrepreneurship in the company. The company employs over 5,500 people and has been family-owned for four generations since it was founded in 1949.
- In a joint statement, the Saudi Central Bank (SAMA) and the Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates (CBUAE) have announced the results of the common digital currency “But” Project. The results showed that distributed ledger technology would enable central banks to develop payment systems at both local and cross-border levels. said The announcement added that both SAMA and CBUAE are satisfied with the results achieved, which are believed to benefit the central banking community and the financial system in general.
- With the COVID-19 pandemic likely to lead to a massive wave of poverty and the potential for certain economies to collapse, Bitcoin (BTC) theft would become “much more attractive”. Kaspersky Lab said. In view of the special technical possibilities for monitoring, decanonymizing and seizing BTC accounts, cyber criminals should be expected to switch to transit cryptocurrencies to indict victims. “There is some reason to believe that they may switch to other privacy-enhanced currencies like Monero (XMR) to use it as a transition currency first and then convert the funds into another cryptocurrency of their choice, including BTC,” said it in the report. ((Learn more: Cryptosecurity in 2021: More threats to DeFi and individual users)
- A Chinese court in eastern Jiangsu Province accused the organizers of PlusToken Crypto scam with the construction of a pyramid scheme and confirmed the decision of 14 people, including Chen Bo, who created the platform in 2018, as final in a second process. Bloomberg reported This crypto, collected from users as a joining fee, was worth at least USD 2.3 billion as of June 2019, citing a document from the Intermediate People’s Court in Yancheng City and a Nov. 26 statement posted on a website related to the Supreme Court. As reported, the Chinese authorities seized a huge stash of crypto worth $ 4.2 billion earlier this year.
- Jo Ju-bin, the prime suspect in the rape and sexual exploitation case by Telegram Nth, which polarized South Korea for most of 2020, has been convicted and sentenced to 40 years in prison. Per Seoul Kyungjae, Jo and a number of administration accomplices have been found guilty of multiple charges. During the sentencing, the presiding judge has on Seoul Central District Court made threatening remarks about crypto assets, claiming that the use of crypto payments enabled Jo to commit “repeated crimes of sexual exploitation”.
- Bitcoin Mining Difficulty (BTC), which shows how difficult it is to compete for mining rewards, rose 8.87% during the last adjustment on Sunday, hit 19.16 T and decreased BTC miners’ profit margins. It is also relatively close to the all-time high recorded in mid-October when it hit 20T.
- XRP-affiliated American blockchain company Ripple sells up to 4 million shares of MoneyGram. according to to a US Securities and Exchange Commission Ripple owns 6.22 million MoneyGram shares and a warrant to purchase an additional 5.95 million shares for a total capital position of 12.2 million shares, representing 17% of the outstanding MoneyGram shares. After the sale, Ripple will still own at least 3.22 million shares, or 4.44% of MoneyGram, or 11% if the additional shares represented by the warrant are included.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) has gone through a hard fork that introduced a new upgrade to increase miner involvement and increase safety. The Thanos protocol upgrade allows 3 GB and 4 GB graphics processors (GPUs) to degrade the network again and doubled the length of the ETC mining period or epoch, thereby slowing the growth of the Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) has been. With the implementation, 4GB GPUs will be supported for at least an additional three years. said an ETC blog post.
- Wallet provider based in France Ledger hired Ian Rogers (now earlier) LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis VuittonChief Digital Officer. His primary role will now be Ledger’s Chief Experience Officer, who will work to grow the company’s consumer business and help the masses own cryptocurrency. reported The Financial Times.