Urgent warning over 'deadly' kids nightie as video shows it 'burns too quickly'

An urgent warning has been issued over a “highly flammable” children’s nightie which authorities say could cause serious injury or even death.

The Australian Consumer and Competition Commission (ACCC) is urging anyone with a Monster High Ghouls nightie to stop using it immediately.

The Monster High Ghouls nightie is highly flammable and burns too quickly because it is made with fabric too heavy to be considered safe under applicable safety standards, a press release by the ACCC says.

People who bought the Monster High Ghouls nightie have been warned the product poses an immediate and serious risk to children, particularly now it is winter when children are more likely to be exposed to heating and open flames.

A video of the Monster High Ghoul nightie being tested for flammability has been released.

ACCC Deputy Chair Delia Rickard: “The Monster High Ghoul nightie has the potential to cause serious injury or even death to children using them, and the ACCC urges everyone who has one to stop using it immediately and seek a refund from the supplier, or simply discard it.

“Children can suffer serious burns if their nightwear catches fire, and the risk increases in winter as children are more likely to be near artificial heating or open flames.”

Ms Rickard added: “ACCC testing shows that the Monster High Ghouls nightie caught fire very rapidly in laboratory testing.

“They are highly flammable and dangerous and the risk to children wearing them, particularly in some types of heated houses, is too great.”

Urgent warning over 'deadly' kids nightie as video shows it 'burns too quickly'

The Monster High Ghouls nightie was first recalled in 2015 by its supplier Designworks and retailer Kmart, as it failed to comply with the applicable safety standard.

The nighties were then recalled again in 2017 and 2019 by Victorian retailer Brand Clearance Clothing, after Designworks resupplied the item.

“It’s completely unacceptable that this item is still being sold five years after its safety failings were first identified,” Ms Rickard said.

“It is a dangerous non-compliant product and any supplier or retailer in the supply chain is breaking the law by selling it.”

If you have purchased one or more of these Monster High Ghoul nighties, you should immediately stop using the garment and contact Designworks customer service at (03) 8823 8200 or  [email protected]  for a full refund.


About the Author: TEAM BEPINKU.COM

We share trending news and latest information on Business, Technology, Entertainment, Politics, Sports, Automobiles, Education, Jobs, Health, Lifestyle, Travel and more. That's our work. We are a team led by Mahammad Sakil Ansari.